Old 07-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Beepo / Vanguard

Default Suggesting new package for Ubuntu Studio

Hi,

I'm not sure what would be the right channel for this so I'm posting it
here. Please redirect me to the right place if this is not the one.

I would like to make a suggestion for a new package to Ubuntu Studio.
Rakarrak ( http://rakarrack.sourceforge.net/ ) is a excellent guitar
effects system. I've been using the version 0.1.2 and really love it.
Moreover it just got updated when 0.2.0 was released. As soon as I
finish this email I'm going to compile and test it out.

Best regards:
Beepo

Old 07-08-2008, 08:43 PM
"Cory K."

Beepo / Vanguard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what would be the right channel for this so I'm posting it
> here. Please redirect me to the right place if this is not the one.
>
> I would like to make a suggestion for a new package to Ubuntu Studio.
> Rakarrak ( http://rakarrack.sourceforge.net/ ) is a excellent guitar
> effects system. I've been using the version 0.1.2 and really love it.
> Moreover it just got updated when 0.2.0 was released. As soon as I
> finish this email I'm going to compile and test it out.
>
> Best regards:
> Beepo

The ubuntu-studio-devel ML is the best place for things like this.

Since there doesn't look to be a package in Debian nor Ubuntu it will
need to be packaged. We have a set number of things to work on this
release so the team does not plan to handle this. *If* it shows up in
the archive we can take it from there.

-Cory m/

Old 07-08-2008, 09:50 PM
"Norio De Sousa"

2008/7/8 Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com>:

Beepo / Vanguard wrote:

> I would like to make a suggestion for a new package to Ubuntu Studio.

> Rakarrak ( http://rakarrack.sourceforge.net/ ) is a excellent guitar

> effects system. I've been using the version 0.1.2 and really love it.

> Moreover it just got updated when 0.2.0 was released. As soon as I

> finish this email I'm going to compile and test it out.

Since there doesn't look to be a package in Debian nor Ubuntu it will

need to be packaged. We have a set number of things to work on this

release so the team does not plan to handle this. *If* it shows up in

the archive we can take it from there.
Here's a deb:
ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/deb/rakarrack_0.1.2-1_i386.deb

I downloaded from there today.* Rakarrack works REALLY well.* Much better, IMO, than jack-rack.

Norio
www.norio.co.za

Old 07-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Hartmut Noack

Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 AM
"Cory K."

Hartmut Noack wrote:
> So not to have it in Ubuntustudio (where it can be build easily with
> onboard dev packages) would not be wise...

Has nothing to do with being wise. It has everything to do with manpower
and time.

Anyone who wants to learn how to package is welcome to join
#ubuntustudio-devel and we'll point you in the right directions.

-Cory

Old 07-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 AM