Old 12-04-2007, 03:38 PM
"Cory K."

Default Ubuntu Studio looks for photographic wallpaper ideas/submissions.

I've sent this email to the ubuntu-art ML as well but I encourage anyone
who cares what Ubuntu Studio looks like to subscribe to that list and
help Ubuntu Studio there.

Since we have dropped our DIY concept for this release in order to give
it the proper time to develop we want to use photography where we can in
Hardy.

We're looking for images to use as wallpapers and possibly a GDM background.

They need to be images somehow related to audio/video/2D&3Dgraphics.

Looking through Flickr I've found:

VU meters - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaako/508926598

Paint brushes - http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=118947879&size=m
and http://www.flickr.com/photos/3rdfoundation/291470015

So things like that is what I'm looking for.

-Cory m/

Old 12-04-2007, 04:39 PM
"adam faranda"

I really like the VU meters. That old console is so nostalgic, and I like the conceptual contrast between the analog systems of the first electronic musicians, and the piece of modern equipment (a computer) that the image is a background for. Its a really nice aesthetic juxtaposition.

*
On another note:
*
The Gutsy version of Ubuntustudio ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Audio Is*supported, Jack runs with ZERO*xruns at 100 ms latency, and this one is my favorite:
The virtual keyboard in Studio runs faster, with less lagtime,*than a USB powered M-Audio ozone controller in windows.
You guys have put together a FANTASTIC system, thank you for all your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*
--------Adam F
*
*
*
*
I am running on an Acer aspire 5570z, with intel ICH7 HDA / realtek alc883 sound card.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:02 AM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Tuesday 04 December 2007, Cory K. wrote:

> I've sent this email to the ubuntu-art ML as well but I encourage anyone
> who cares what Ubuntu Studio looks like to subscribe to that list and
> help Ubuntu Studio there.
>
> Since we have dropped our DIY concept for this release in order to give
> it the proper time to develop we want to use photography where we can in
> Hardy.
>
> We're looking for images to use as wallpapers and possibly a GDM
> background.
>
> They need to be images somehow related to audio/video/2D&3Dgraphics.

Heh, I can't resist throwing this one up. It's the source image for our new
splash screen (staged in my real rose garden):

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/213/518063017_2c171fbc3c_b.jpg

Though I realize it would probably be bad taste for Ubuntu Studio to use
something so Rosegarden-specific in any kind of wholesale way, I was thinking
it might be interesting as part of a collage or something.

If you like the style, but want something less Rosegarden, I have lots of
instruments, electronica, and art supplies around that suggest interesting
juxtapositions. Hang a digital camera off my beat up Roland guitar amp with
a spilled jar of paint brushes in front of it or something. I don't know. I
could spend a day playing, but I don't actually have a day to play anytime in
the next few. I don't have any lights either, and the natural light sucks
right now.

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Old 12-05-2007, 02:42 AM
Mark Stuart Burge

Where do you want us to send stuff ?

Presumably it would not be a great idea to start sending loads of high
res photos to the mailing list.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:46 AM
"Cory K."

Mark Stuart Burge wrote:
> Where do you want us to send stuff ?
>
> Presumably it would not be a great idea to start sending loads of high
> res photos to the mailing list.

Links are fine for now. Wider than 2560px is preferable.

-Cory

Old 12-05-2007, 07:50 AM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

On Dec 5, 2007 4:46 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Mark Stuart Burge wrote:
> > Where do you want us to send stuff ?
> >
> > Presumably it would not be a great idea to start sending loads of high
> > res photos to the mailing list.
> >

> Links are fine for now. Wider than 2560px is preferable.
>
> -Cory

http://www.flickr.com/photos/luisbg/2083442797/

I'm planning in redoing that shot with my new lens (that will arrive
today), and I'm also planning in running around my city entering music
instrument stores taking pictures at cool stuff. Maybe a few street
painters and too bad video editing rooms aren't as open.

Luis de Bethencourt

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerį
luisbg
<luisbg@ubuntu.com>