Old 07-03-2008, 09:45 AM

Default Newbie question - soundcard support

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:47:00 +0200 (CEST)
humbert.olivier.1@free.fr wrote:

> hello
>
> http://www.tascam.com/products/us-224.html
> it's work fine on linux system
> * input/output works
> * record, play, pause works
> * I haven't try to make works the left-part of the card (faders
> for 4 tracks) maybe they works, maybe not
>
> ciao'livier
>

> Salut,
> la carte fonctionne bien sur un system linux
> * les entrées/sorties fonctionnent
> * enregistrement, play, pause fonctionnent
> * Je n'ai pas essayé de faire fonctionner la partie gauche de la
> carte (les faders pour 4 pistes), peut être qu'ils fonctionnent, ou
> pas

The smaller Tascam is reported to work afaik, it's similar to this one:
http://www.tascam.com/products/us-122l.html
The Problem is that the newer one, US-122L does not work, so if you can
get one without the L it should be fine.
I personally use an roland/edirol UA-25 which has about the same
features.
There's also an Alesis usb device that is very similar.

If firewire is an option for you, you could try to find a small device
that is known to work. Firewire has some benefits over usb and few
drawbacks, like, not being available on every computer and not working
very well with every firewire controller chipset.

Have a look at alsa-project.org for soundcards in general, freebob.org
and ffado.org for firewire audio devices.

Good luck
Phil

Old 07-04-2008, 03:04 PM
"Fernando Gomes"

Thank you all! I just bought a Tascam US122 on Ebay, so I'm waiting to try it with Linux!

Best regards

Fernando

Old 07-04-2008, 03:43 PM
"Fernando Gomes"