Old 12-03-2007, 08:29 PM
hamish

Default What do you guys listen to?

still no sound from my linux system yet but when i do have sound i wanna
make music in the vein of

biosphere
labradford
colleen
apparat
greg davis
the dead texan
tim hecker
pan american
kammerflimmer kollecktif
aphex twin
signer
castanets
mogwai
h.d.u
alva noto/ryuichi sakamoto
ueh

http://www.last.fm/user/sub_acoustic/

Old 01-16-2008, 12:07 AM
raydar

Cory K. wrote:

> > Something cool I just found. http://www.myspace.com/rodrigoygabriela
> >
> > -Cory m/
> >

> I feel like a tool replying to my own mail but WOW. I'm sooo late to
> find out about these guys and their killer music.

> Seriously. CHECK THESE GUYS OUT!

> Im running back out now to buy their new CD and will scour the interweb
> to find the 2 others.

> The girl is the the best female guitarist Ive seen. Not to be sexist,
> its just not everyday you see a girl who can shred with the guys.

> -Cory m/

I've been a big fan of Strunz & Farah and Al DiMeola for years, and I couldn't believe Roddy & Gabby there mentioned both on their MyS page. Not much I'm more a fan of than Zep either, and I appreciate Metallica a lot, esp. the older stuff. So I wanna thank the heck out of you for that link, Cory! (I remember dreaming in the early '90s of playing like Strunz or Farah one day, and she clearly does, and she's younger than me; crap, why can't I get myself to practice? >:/ )

--Ray

Old 01-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Florin Andrei

I just bought a CD called "Far away trains passing by", by Ulrich
Schnauss. It's close enough to Tangerine Dream to appeal to this huge TD
fan ;-) but different enough so that it sounds original, not just a
carbon copy.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/

Old 01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
"Cory K."

Florin Andrei wrote:
> I just bought a CD called "Far away trains passing by", by Ulrich
> Schnauss. It's close enough to Tangerine Dream to appeal to this huge TD
> fan ;-) but different enough so that it sounds original, not just a
> carbon copy.

Nice. I just found out about this guy: Andy Mckee -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

I'll be buying all his stuff soon.

-Cory m/