-   -   Firewire (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/11510-firewire.html)

"Wesley Stout" 12-03-2007 08:26 PM

Firewire

Hi,

I'm new to ubuntu studio. Been tinkering with Ubuntu for a little while now. I have never used a firewire device. I was wondering if anyone had fairly decent luck? I have located a Presonus Inspire 1394 i was thinking about getting to get started using studio. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Asmo Koskinen 12-04-2007 04:50 AM

Firewire

Wesley Stout kirjoitti:
> I have located a Presonus Inspire 1394 i was thinking about
> getting to get started using studio.

Do not buy anything outside of this list - fw soundcards are very new
thing to the Linux.

http://www.ffado.org/?q=devicesupport%2Flist&filter0=&filter1=&op2=OR&f ilter2%5B%5D=perfect

Key word is "perfect".

"Supported

This is the highest support level available. In order for a device to
get this status two things are required:

* At least one FFADO developer that has a device.

* We have the necessary information to implement and debug

FFADO is tested on this platform and we are confident that the device
will work fine. If not, we have a good shot at fixing the problem since
we have decent information and a device to reproduce the problem with."

http://www.ffado.org/?q=node/138

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.