Old 06-25-2008, 03:41 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Default preview of ubuntu studio RMLL 2008 clip

Hi,

i've done a first preview, you can download it from this adress :

http://laurent.bellegarde.free.fr/lprod2/ubuntustudio/preview_ubuntu_studio.ogg

5.3 Mo, encoded in ogg théora/ogg vorbis broadband quality 320x240.

The german translations are not finished yet, and if you have 17 seconds
at the start with a black screen and only music, that's normal ;-)

Tell me your opinion about the clip, it could change before the final
release next friday.

Good look,

Bye laurent

Old 06-25-2008, 04:12 PM
"Cory K."

laurent.bellegarde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've done a first preview, you can download it from this adress :
>
> http://laurent.bellegarde.free.fr/lprod2/ubuntustudio/preview_ubuntu_studio.ogg
>
> 5.3 Mo, encoded in ogg théora/ogg vorbis broadband quality 320x240.
>
> The german translations are not finished yet, and if you have 17 seconds
> at the start with a black screen and only music, that's normal ;-)
>
> Tell me your opinion about the clip, it could change before the final
> release next friday.
>
> Good look,
>
> Bye laurent

Killer!

Just a FYI though, .ogg was deprecated almost 2 years ago now. .ogv
should be used for video and .ogg only for backwards-compatibility concerns.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg

"Previously, the .ogg file extension was used for any content
distributed within Ogg, but as of 2007, the Xiph.Org Foundation requests
that .ogg be used only for Vorbis due to backward compatibility
concerns. The Xiph.Org Foundation decided to create a new set of file
extensions and media types to describe different types of content such
as .oga for audio only files, .ogv for video with or without sound
(including Theora), and .ogx for applications."

So I would say use .ogv so we can use the standards as intended.

-Cory m/

Old 06-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Sergio Bello

Hhmmmm...

After a look at the video, I think the following translations for
italian are more appropriate:

1) Have fun !

Divertiti!

2) Listen carefully !

Ascolta bene!

3) Look !

Guarda!

Sorry for the double work, but the context wasn't perfectly clear to me
before watching the video.

Sergio

--
Sergio Bello - Software Architect

Sintechno S.r.l. [www.sintechno.it]

Via Dante, 188
26100 - Cremona

Phone 0372 22942
Fax 0372 565287
Mobile 329 9499343
EMail s.bello@sintechno.it
those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Old 06-26-2008, 02:23 AM
raydar

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:41:57 +0200
> From: "laurent.bellegarde" <laurent.bellegarde@free.fr>
> Subject: preview of ubuntu studio RMLL 2008 clip
> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
> <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> Hi,
>
> i've done a first preview, you can download it from this adress :
>
> http://laurent.bellegarde.free.fr/lprod2/ubuntustudio/preview_ubuntu_studio.ogg
>
> 5.3 Mo, encoded in ogg th?ora/ogg vorbis broadband quality 320x240.
>
> The german translations are not finished yet, and if you have 17 seconds
> at the start with a black screen and only music, that's normal ;-)
>
> Tell me your opinion about the clip, it could change before the final
> release next friday.
>
> Good look,
>
> Bye laurent

Cool!

I bet an UbuntuStudio.org site visitor would love to see something that
nice play when they clicked each of the three UbuntuStudio flavors. I'm
no digital artist or video editor, and can only barely understand
French, but I'd help if I could.

--Ray