Old 06-24-2008, 04:00 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Default trouble with kino, kdenlive, cinelerra dor video editing in hardy studio

fokusfired a écrit :
> I confirm these problems on my Ubuntu Studio 8.04.
>

> On Wed, 28 May 2008 19:08:30 +0200
> "laurent.bellegarde" <laurent.bellegarde@free.fr> wrote:
>

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I've tested kino under hardy i386 studio.
>>
>> I've tried to open a flv file, kino as usual detected it as a none DV
>> file, I've accepted to convert it into a DV one.
>>
>> the script used by kino is using mencoder/ffmpeg, the first video was
>> 4s long, but after 10 minutes, nothing to see, the progress bar was
>> moving alone.
>>
>> Under Gutsy studio i386, there wasn't this trouble.
>>
>> I'm not sure, but i think the trouble is coming from ffmpeg or
>> mencoder, because, i've tried to do the same thing with kdenlive, and
>> after rendering in DV PAL, the file was created without error, but,
>> with vlc, mplayer it was possible to read it, but no image, and no
>> sound, only a grey fix image.

Hi everyone,

as i've got few minutes to have a look, i've found that the ffmpeg
package was an old one coming from debian Marillat repository.

I've forced the reinstall of the last cvs ffmpeg medibuntu package, and
all the video editing program are fine now.

Next week it's the free software meeting, we are going to show what
ubuntu studio is able to do in our stand www.lprod.org

Laurent