Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Ubuntu Studio User (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/)
-   -   Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 8, Issue 4 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/10914-ubuntu-studio-users-digest-vol-8-issue-4-a.html)

Kodan 12-03-2007 01:39 AM

Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 8, Issue 4
 
Da li neko od vas govori Srpski, jezik koji svi razumeju?

On Dec 3, 2007 1:59 AM, <ubuntu-studio-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
> wrote:
Send Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list submissions to
* * * *
ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
* * * *https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
* * * *ubuntu-studio-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com

You can reach the person managing the list at

* * * *ubuntu-studio-users-owner@lists.ubuntu.com

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Ubuntu-Studio-users digest..."



Today's Topics:

* 1. RE: What do you guys listen to? :) (greg emond)
* 2. thanks kim! (greg emond)
* 3. Apology for/explanation of rant, *was Re: What do you guys
* * *listen to? :) (D. Michael McIntyre)

* 4. Re: Apology for/explanation of rant, * * *was Re: What do you guys
* * *listen to? :) (Luis de Bethencourt)
* 5. Re: Apology for/explanation of rant. (Cory K.)
* 6. Re: thanks kim! (Kim Burgess)
* 7. Re: Res: What do you guys listen to? :) (Yvan Vander Sanden)



----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 15:22:05 -0200
From: greg emond <g4gregoire@hotmail.com
>
Subject: RE: What do you guys listen to? :)
To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
* * * *<ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <
BAY130-W569FF1D7FB8976DA336809A730@phx.gbl>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"


I am french, and the first joke was very funny. *The seond one was... THE truth! I will lift my arms and kill you all with the toxic fumes that emanate from there! *vive le quebec libre!


ok enough stupid tirades....

for a good accoustic signer, I agree that ben harper is a very good choice, especially his early work. My favorite from him is the FIGHT FOR YOUR MIND album.

*There is a quebec band that played in the 70s called harmonium...They are considered by many as he best thing that came out of canada. check out there eponymous album.


If you want something more modern and hmmm english, I would recommend anything by Shawn Phillips.

cheers, and keep on playing....and recording!> Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 12:53:20 -0500> From:
coryisatm@nc.rr.com> To: ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com> Subject: Re: What do you guys listen to? :)> > D. Michael McIntyre wrote:> > On Saturday 01 December 2007, Luis de Bethencourt wrote:> >> > > >> Ooops, copy and pasted from my browser and didn't realize the .es> >> sorry> >> > >> > You will be forgiven if you get down on your knees and repeat after me:> >> > El ingl?s es el ?nico idioma en todo el mundo que importa. Cuando escribo en > > el internet de Al Gore, el cual ?l invent? antes de irse para cazar a > > Manbearpig, s?lo hablar? en ingl?s, s?lo pensar? en ingl?s, solo creer? en > > ingl?s, ingl?s sobre todos los dem?s, ingl?s sobre todo el mundo y todo el > > universo, y nunca hablar? JAM?S en castellano.> >> > Amen.> > > > Ok. That was funny.> > > Then flagellate yourself for at least two hours, send a picture of your > > shredded, bloody back, and the G. W. Bush Commission for the Preservative of > > the Important's of Talking Rightly will put you on probation for not less > > than one year.> >> > Fail to do these things, and there's no telling what might happen to you and > > all your frog friends, Frenchie.> >> > That's right, FRENCHIE, we know who you are, and we're coming to take you down > > so we can put the FREEDOM back in FREEDOM FRIES!!! You and all your other > > little Frenchie frog friends, like Andres Londo?o, Pietro Bergamo, > > Asmo Koskinen, Hartmut Noack, but not Laurent Bellegarde. I'm pretty sure > > Laurent is one of the few people on this list who isn't French, and THANK GOD > > AND OLD GLORY FOR THAT!> > > > This was not. And not that in the right context it wouldn't be. It's> just that with it being cold text, many people will not get it. There> are also language issues to think about.> > I'm sure in person this is a joke but on ye-old-interweb here who knows> how someone will take it.> > So I ask please everyone just for the sake of good feelings please> refrain from religious or political jokes or rants. ;)> > -Cory m/> > -- > Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list>
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
__________________________________________________ _______________
D?couvrez de nouvelles fa?ons de rester en contact gr?ce ? Windows Live! Visitez la Cit? @ Live d?s aujourd?hui!

http://www.tonadresselive.ca/?icid=LIVEIDFRCA006
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/attachments/20071202/64d92993/attachment-0001.htm


------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:42:48 -0200
From: greg emond <g4gregoire@hotmail.com>
Subject: thanks kim!

To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
* * * *<ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <
BAY130-W106C3A6AFB3A145DDCC4219A730@phx.gbl>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"


A million thanks!....I finally used a 4 mike setup..1 kick, one snare, and 2 overheads....and I pretty much followed the oeverheads advice on the site you mentionned....


Stellar results!


Used a *ksm32 bhind the drummer, and a baby bottle in front, at cymbal height....that mike is moody and has a very narrow sweet spot, but MAN! are the results rewarding!


spiced the mix up with extra snare and kick, and voila!.....never been happyer!


ill throw a stereo mix of the drum in jamin, compress it a bit....maybe a touch more highs too, and ittl be the most IN YOUR FACE drums ill ever record!

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

__________________________________________________ _______________
Viens voir la carte magique du P?re No?l! *Clique ici pour la voir!

http://www.demandeauperenoel.ca/magicalmapsfr/?icid=NOELFRCA105
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/attachments/20071202/33c79b02/attachment-0001.htm

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:10:47 -0500
From: "D. Michael McIntyre" <
michael.mcintyre@rosegardenmusic.com>
Subject: Apology for/explanation of rant, * * * was Re: What do you guys
* * * *listen to? :)
To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion

* * * *<ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <200712021410.48087.michael.mcintyre@rosegardenmus ic.com
>
Content-Type: text/plain; *charset="utf-8"

On Sunday 02 December 2007, greg emond wrote:

> I am french, and the first joke was very funny. *The seond one was... THE
> truth! I will lift my arms and kill you all with the toxic fumes that

> emanate from there! *vive le quebec libre!

I shouldn't have gone there, but since I did, and since a fair number of
people really don't seem to get it, I feel I should point out for any
non-American friends who didn't grasp the irony that the whole rant

was "acted out" by a stereotypical insular American with no idea what's going
on outside this country's borders. *It was all a laugh at the worst my
country has to offer on the world stage, not at anyone outside these borders

at all, and most especially not French people. *(Je parle fran?ais aussi, mon
ami, bien que je le parle tr?s mal.) *[TRANSLATION OF FRENCH TEXT: I speak
French too, my friend, though I speak it very badly.]


So anyone in the audience who isn't American should point at us and laugh, and
anyone who lives inside these borders should look around and laugh. *We're
not all like that, but some of us really are.


But the whole thing was really a horrible public exhibit of why I spent a
significant part of my childhood getting beaten up by somebody. *Lots of
people don't get my twisted sense of humor at all, and especially not in an

environment where most readers speak English as a second language, and
haven't spent as many hours as I have watching Monty Python, South Park,
Carlos Mencia, and weirdly twisted French and Spanish movies.


Sorry about all the noise everybody. *I just want to make sure there are no
hard feelings.

If necessary, I'll call Dad over to come hold my head in the toilet and get
one of my kids to take a picture of me getting a good old fashioned American

swirly. *That is if the old man is strong enough to lift my stereotypically
overweight American truck driving redneck ass that high.
--
D. Michael McIntyre



------------------------------


Message: 4
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:39:22 +0100
From: "Luis de Bethencourt" <bethencourt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Apology for/explanation of rant, * was Re: What do you guys

* * * *listen to? :)
To: "Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion"
* * * *<ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID:
* * * *<
506b70dc0712021139k44e83588ifc7428a60bb3f5d8@mail. gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

You are just wrong, accept it!!


Lol! I did got the joke but because I have been exposed to american
culture since I was 3 (studied in an american school).

But the photos you are suggesting of yourself seam interesting, you
still have to send them eventhough I excuse you.


Luis de Bethencourt

On Dec 2, 2007 8:10 PM, D. Michael McIntyre
<michael.mcintyre@rosegardenmusic.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 02 December 2007, greg emond wrote:

>
> > I am french, and the first joke was very funny. *The seond one was... THE
> > truth! I will lift my arms and kill you all with the toxic fumes that
> > emanate from there! *vive le quebec libre!

>
> I shouldn't have gone there, but since I did, and since a fair number of
> people really don't seem to get it, I feel I should point out for any
> non-American friends who didn't grasp the irony that the whole rant

> was "acted out" by a stereotypical insular American with no idea what's going
> on outside this country's borders. *It was all a laugh at the worst my
> country has to offer on the world stage, not at anyone outside these borders

> at all, and most especially not French people. *(Je parle fran?ais aussi, mon
> ami, bien que je le parle tr?s mal.) *[TRANSLATION OF FRENCH TEXT: I speak
> French too, my friend, though I speak it very badly.]

>
> So anyone in the audience who isn't American should point at us and laugh, and
> anyone who lives inside these borders should look around and laugh. *We're
> not all like that, but some of us really are.

>
> But the whole thing was really a horrible public exhibit of why I spent a
> significant part of my childhood getting beaten up by somebody. *Lots of
> people don't get my twisted sense of humor at all, and especially not in an

> environment where most readers speak English as a second language, and
> haven't spent as many hours as I have watching Monty Python, South Park,
> Carlos Mencia, and weirdly twisted French and Spanish movies.

>
> Sorry about all the noise everybody. *I just want to make sure there are no
> hard feelings.
>
> If necessary, I'll call Dad over to come hold my head in the toilet and get
> one of my kids to take a picture of me getting a good old fashioned American

> swirly. *That is if the old man is strong enough to lift my stereotypically
> overweight American truck driving redneck ass that high.
> --
> D. Michael McIntyre
>
> --
> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>



--
Luis de Bethencourt Guimer?
luisbg
<luisbg@ubuntu.com>
GPG: B0ED1326




------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 14:52:01 -0500
From: "Cory K." <coryisatm@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Apology for/explanation of rant.

To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
* * * *<ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <
47530CE1.50006@nc.rr.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

I considered this settled after the initial, "doh!". ;)

Ok. Topic dead. Move on. Nothing to see here.

-Cory m/




------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 06:47:45 +1000
From: "Kim Burgess" <phreaksaccount@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: thanks kim!

To: "Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion"
* * * *<ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <
48a588200712021247u2f093cew4a30b9cd49de69@mail.gma il.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Ha ha, no problems. When I first went for the lower mic count on the kit my
reaction was almost exactly the same. Pleased to know it helped someone else

too.

................................................
Kim Burgess

P *+61 7 3366 8971
M *+61 4 2339 9187
E *phreaksaccount@gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/attachments/20071203/6e4e1dd2/attachment-0001.htm


------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 01:58:59 +0100
From: Yvan Vander Sanden <yvan@youngmusic.org>
Subject: Re: Res: What do you guys listen to? :)

To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
* * * *<ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Message-ID: <
475354D3.2090100@youngmusic.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed

Pietro Bergamo wrote:
> Oui, monsieur McIntyre. Nous sommes fran?ais et nous conquerrons le
> monde avec nos pommes frites!

>
>

Oh! Pommes frites are belgian! You must have stolen them.



------------------------------

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users



End of Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 8, Issue 4
*************************************************


--
-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.

http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=a29kYW44MTM1
--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.