Old 05-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Florian

Default ubuntu server on ibm xseries 232

Dear list-members,

i'm installing ubuntu-server 8.0.4 on a ibm-server xseries 232. The
installation fails because some files from the CD cannot be read.

I tried the following:
- Downloaded Ubuntu from mirror and check MD5sum after download. - ok
- Burnt iso-file to a CD.
- Boot from CD works.
- I've choosen the "Check-CD" function; it stops with error:
"The ./dists/hardy/main/binary_i386/Packages.gz failed the MD5 checksum
verification. Your CD-ROM or this file may have been corrupted."

I downloaded the iso several times and burnt different CDs.
I updated the bios of the server.
I changed the CD/DVD-drive of the server.
But nothing helped. :-(
In another PC all my CDs can be chacked without problems.

Are there any known issues with this ibm hardware? Has anyone a hint
which additional tests i can run?

Regards, Florian

Old 06-01-2008, 12:10 AM
"Jim Tarvid"

After an online upgrade to 8.04 LTS I have trouble with the CD/DVD.

Problems range from from intermittent issues to total failure which is what I have.

Jim Tarvid

http://ls.net

Old 06-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Florian

Thanks for this hint.
In the thread i can find some workarounds for systems which are already
installed, but
I want to install a new system and have the CD/DVD-Problem with install-CD.
The installer thinks, that my CD is broken and stops installing.

Bye, Florian