Old 05-23-2008, 05:45 PM
"david wildgoose"

Default Installing ebox

Hey everyone. This is my first post to the list so hello!

I'm having some problems install ebox on 8.04.

I'm installing via the repo's.

Everything goes fine until the installation tries to create the eboxlogs database (I think)

Heres a copy of the error...

Creating the eboxlogs database
Skipping apache port setting as current port and new port are equal
sh: /usr/bin/gconftool: not found
Can't exec "/usr/bin/gconftool": No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GConfModule.pm line 125.

Error while restoring configuration from /var/lib/ebox/conf/apache.bakinvoke-rc.d: initscript ebox, action "apache" failed.
sh: /usr/bin/gconftool: not found
Can't exec "/usr/bin/gconftool": No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GConfModule.pm line 125.

Error while restoring configuration from /var/lib/ebox/conf/apache.bakinvoke-rc.d: initscript ebox, action "apache" failed.

Any ideas? Something up with gconftool ?

--
David Wildgoose

Old 05-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Javier Uruen Val

Hi,

[..]
> I'm having some problems install ebox on 8.04.
>
> I'm installing via the repo's.
>
> Everything goes fine until the installation tries to create the eboxlogs
> database (I think)
[..]
> Any ideas? Something up with gconftool ?

Yeah, it's related to gconftool. There's already a bug in LP [0].

A quick workaround would be creating a sym link from gconftool-2 to gconftool
and reinstalling or reconfiguring ebox.

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ebox/+bug/213939

Old 05-24-2008, 01:09 AM
"david wildgoose"

The following worked perfectly, thanks Javier!

sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gconftool-2 /usr/bin/gconftool

> I'm having some problems install ebox on 8.04.

> I'm installing via the repo's.

> Everything goes fine until the installation tries to create the eboxlogs

> database (I think)

[..]