Old 05-15-2008, 01:43 AM
ZeuZ Diavolo Deimos

Default QoS and Traffic shapping I've recompiled and made for Ubuntu Server to make it popular among ISPs

Well guys, I just want to report my current development, it's still pretty basic, it's commented in spanish, and comprehends MAC control (this means that only a valid combination of MAC and IP address will be allowed to transfer data across the Linux Router/Server) QoS for mantaining low latencies even while you're downloading or uploading something and manage more effectively your bandwidth. Actually, it;s a full NAT + QoS + Routing solution (planning to add custom-transparent-proxy chaining here too)
This is far yet from being perfect, but it can easily be extended, and I'm working on an easy set of tools for dealing with iptables to directly forward ports to determinated IPs on different network ranges inside the coverture area...
I initially thought of this for a friends little Wireless ISP with 1024Kbps of download, and 1024kbps for upload (symmetric)

The following PoC is here for you to evaluate, and I'm accepting changes, suggestions, and so on...
Again, sorry about the comments being in spanish...

This is the link: http://pastebin.com/f62914a69
Please, email me suggestions, changes and fixes. so we can have this polished and lovely working for users, even if this is not accepted in the official packages, I know many here will appreciate a tool for Traffic Shapping and QoS...

I'm planning to attend to the next meeting, but the problem for me is university and the time difference...
Hope you guys like the initial idea, and count me in for the development of tools like this one...