Old 05-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Serge van Ginderachter

Default select mirror

Just read this post:

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-select-fastest-mirror-in-ubuntu.html

I was wondering what the way of work would be to do this by commandline?
For me, a test of 'fastest' mirror isn't even really necessary, I would be satisfied to just have a list of local (National) mirrors to select from, e.g. depending on which ISP I am.

Serge

Serge van Ginderachter http://www.vanginderachter.be/

Kreeg u een "odt" bestand en kan u deze niet openen? Zie http://ginsys.be/odf

Old 05-09-2008, 08:24 AM
ahsiang

Hi,

Unnecessary for me, "us" mirror quite fast from Malaysia. It fair enough for my daily admin tasks.

Nice to meet you.

I was wondering what the way of work would be to do this by commandline?

For me, a test of 'fastest' mirror isn't even really necessary, I would be satisfied to just have a list of local (National) mirrors to select from, e.g. depending on which ISP I am.

* * * *Serge

*Serge van Ginderachter * * * * *http://www.vanginderachter.be/

*Kreeg u een "odt" bestand en kan u deze niet openen? Zie http://ginsys.be/odf

i'm