Old 05-08-2008, 04:19 PM
"Dustin Kirkland"

Default ubuntu-virt-* packages available in my PPA for testing

Hi Server Team-

As discussed in today's meeting, I have prepare meta-packages intended
to ease virtualization setup under Ubuntu in my PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~kirkland/+archive

One source package (ubuntu-virt) provides a pair of meta-packages
(ubuntu-virt-server, ubuntu-virt-mgmt).

Both are build for Hardy at the moment, as I couldn't get Intrepid PPA
builds to work yet. You need to add these two lines to your
/etc/apt/sources.lst and apt-get update:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kirkland/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kirkland/ubuntu hardy main

Then you can "apt-cache show ubuntu-virt-server", and
"ubuntu-virt-mgmt", and install them and such.

I'm interested in further feedback on the packages which are included
in each of these, and if perhaps any other scenarios might be useful
to represent with metapackages.

Thanks,
--
:-Dustin

Old 05-08-2008, 08:08 PM
"Leandro Pereira de Lima e Silva"

Dusting,

I'll be using it on my servers and my workstation.

Thanks,

Leandro

Old 05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
"Dustin Kirkland"

I have uploaded these to REVU, in case anyone cares to comment there.

http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=ubuntu-virt

Thanks,
:-Dustin

Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 PM
"Dustin Kirkland"

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@canonical.com> wrote:
> http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=ubuntu-virt

This package has been updated based on feedback from Soren.
Hopefully, it's ready to go.

Thanks,
:-Dustin