Old 05-02-2008, 05:07 AM
Mike Lane

Default Installing VMWareTools in JeOS

I am following this guide to set up a Virtual Appliance using JeOS: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/JeOS

*

I run in to a problem with this command: sudo ./vmware-install.pl

*

When I run it I get a prompt to define the location of killall (which I cannot find on my JeOS installation).

*

A such the installation of VMWareTools is terminated.

*

Shouldn't killall be a part of the actual installation as part of the shutdown sequence?

*

Seems like I must be missing something really obvious here?

Get 5GB of online storage for free! Get it Now!

Old 05-07-2008, 06:27 AM
Ruben Laban

On Friday 02 May 2008, Mike Lane wrote:
> I am following this guide to set up a Virtual Appliance using JeOS:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/JeOS
>
> I run in to a problem with this command: sudo ./vmware-install.pl
>
> When I run it I get a prompt to define the location of killall (which I
> cannot find on my JeOS installation).
>
> A such the installation of VMWareTools is terminated.
>
> Shouldn't killall be a part of the actual installation as part of the
> shutdown sequence?
>
> Seems like I must be missing something really obvious here?

You need to install the "psmisc" package:

$ dpkg -S killall
sysvutils: /usr/share/man/man8/killall5.8.gz
psmisc: /usr/bin/killall
sysvutils: /sbin/killall5
psmisc: /usr/share/man/man1/killall.1.gz

Ruben Laban
Systems and Network Administrator
r.laban@ism.nl

ISM eCompany