-   -   Server Team 20080430 meeting minutes (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/80061-server-team-20080430-meeting-minutes.html)

Mathias Gug 05-01-2008 04:19 PM

Server Team 20080430 meeting minutes

Hi,

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20080430.

==== Bugs status after release ====

mathiaz asked if anyone came across high priority bugs now that the release has
been pushed down the pipes and that are worth considering for a SRU.

mathiaz triaged samba bugs: there seems to be an issue with ucf and upgrades.
Other samba bugs are related to shares not accessible, which is probably
related to gvfs and nautilus rather than samba itself. seb128 suggested to ask
the reporter to try to access the shares with smbclient from the command line:
if smbclient works, the bug should be reassigned to the nautilus package. If
smbclient fails, the bug should be assigned to samba.

soren is dealing with the fallout of the release on the virtualization front.
There's an update in the next kernel upload and he is looking into a few other
things and picking stuff that's suitable for SRU's.

zul will be tracking bugs and SRUs for hardy 8.04.1 within the server team.
Anyone identifying a good candidate for a hardy SRU should add it to the
StableReleaseTracke wiki page [1].

[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/StableReleaseTracker

==== Bug announcement in #ubuntu-server ====

soren added a new bot, uvirtbot, in #ubuntu-server. There are two bots in there
(the other being ubottu) that have been configured to announced NEW bugs
related to the ubuntu-server LP team. mathiaz asked whether it was useful as it
may clutter the channel with information. Others said they found it useful - it
was decided to give it a try.

soren fixed the bot configuration so that only one of them would announce NEW
bugs.

==== UDS topics ====

mathiaz reminded that we're in the process of preparing UDS topics. Now is the
time to get ideas in blueprints and register them in LP so that UDS sessions
can be scheduled to discuss them.

nxvl mentioned his idea of a having a UI to centrally manage services in a
server [2]. sommer added that this theme was the number one on
brainstorm.ubuntu.com. mathiaz and nealmcb mentioned ebox and wondered if it
would do the work. A UDS discussion should cover this topic.

sommer asked about a blueprint for documentation. mathiaz said there should be
a session about documentation during UDS. He suggested to register a blueprint
to track ideas. kirkland added he had already registered a blueprint for his
search page [3] and planned to create another one for man pages.

[2]: https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntu-centralized-
services-administrator
[3]: https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-doc/+spec/ubuntu-
documentation-search

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Wednesday, May 7th at 21:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com

Ante Karamatic 05-02-2008 06:02 AM

Server Team 20080430 meeting minutes

I'm CC-ing kernel team, since this is a kernel issue, but mostly
impacts server installations.

On Thu, 1 May 2008 12:19:13 -0400
Mathias Gug <mathiaz@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> ==== Bugs status after release ====
>
> mathiaz asked if anyone came across high priority bugs now that the
> release has been pushed down the pipes and that are worth considering
> for a SRU.

Since the source in question (linux-source-2.6.24) is maintained by
kernel team, I didn't add it to SRU requests, but kernel team should
really consider fixing this as soon as possible. This bug impacts, at
least, software raid and drbd.

Ante Karamatic 05-02-2008 06:02 AM