Old 08-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Imre Gergely

Default Ubuntu Server 12.04.1 and Linux KVM on Fujitsu RX300 S5

On 08/27/2012 05:52 PM, S`row-Lain wrote:
> Hello List,

[...]

> root@in3db:~# lspci | grep Ethernet
> 08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Network
> Connection (rev 02)
> 08:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Network
> Connection (rev 02)

Do you see the MAC address of the VM on the switch where the host is
connected to the network? Is there any MAC address filtering going on on
the port where the host is connected by any chance?

--
Imre Gergely
http://havaz.net

Old 08-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Thorsten Göllner

We use a very similair setup. I had the same problem. "My" solution was
to allow forward ip traffic on the host's firewall:

iptables -A FORWARD -i br0 -d {ip address of the guest} -j ACCEPT

I do not really know, why this is neccessary, but it works (for me).
Give it a try.