-   -   Ubuntu Server 12.04.1 and Linux KVM on Fujitsu RX300 S5 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/698149-ubuntu-server-12-04-1-linux-kvm-fujitsu-rx300-s5.html)

S`row-Lain 08-27-2012 02:52 PM

Ubuntu Server 12.04.1 and Linux KVM on Fujitsu RX300 S5

Hello List,

we are running VMs in KVM on different Servers and everything is fine.
Now I wanted to set it up on Fujitsu RX300 S5 Servers, but using bridged
networking, all packets are dropped but to the host...

To explain it in more detail:
I install 12.04.1 Server AMD64 with default settings. Afterwards I update
the server with aptitude and set up the network like this:

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
address 192.168....
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168....
broadcast 192.168....
gateway 192.168....
# dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if
installed

dns-nameservers ...
dns-search intel.local
bridge_ports eth0
bridge_stp off
bridge_maxwait 0
bridge_fd 0

Network connection is fine for the Host. On other Hardware this setup
runs smoothly on

Ubuntu Server 11.04 since more than a year...
If I setup a VM Guest (1204 Server) connected via a bridge (br0), the
guest can only reach
the Host. All other packets seem to be dropped. If I use a NAT-NIC
(default), the network

connection is fine.

I use virtio-drivers and the Server Hardware are two Fujitsu RX300 S5.
Doesn't work on both
systems. I compared iptables-rules, route-entries, all identical to the
other servers, where it

works just fine.
Does anybody have an idea, what it could be? I am really stuck =(
Do you need more info?

root@in3db:~# brctl show
bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
br0 8000.001999734942 no eth0
vnet0
virbr0 8000.000000000000 yes
---
root@in3db:~# lspci | grep Ethernet
08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 02)
08:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82575EB Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 02)

Cheers
Michael H.