Old 08-22-2012, 03:55 AM
"Nida, Adrian M."

Default MAAS w/ Existing DHCP

Dear Ubuntu Server Team,

I am trying to run some simulations for my dissertation and have gotten the green light to bring up a private cloud to do just that. Because of my status I do not have access to the institution's DHCP server. Also, because of their Network Access Controls (NAC), I cannot simply use a $10 router to hide my items behind (as someone in #ubuntu-server recommended).

Now, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MAAS says MAAS can work in a network with an existing DHCP server. It even says it will "look at both of these ways to run MAAS," but then it doesn't mention anything that addresses my situation.

My Google-Fu lead me to this bug report https://answers.launchpad.net/maas/+question/194427. There's a link to wordpress entry, which is set to private and requires a username and password to access (and I don't know it).

Google also lead me to this forum post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1991270. However, it hasn't been answered.

So, I would like to please request a link to any documentation that does cover this type of an environment. If there isn't any, would one of you please be so kind as to point me in the direction I should start poking around to try it out?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian
--
PhD Candidate / Senior Systems Engineer
MUSC -- OBIS

Old 08-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Robbie Williamson

Reposting to the maas-devel list.

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie@ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"Don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
-Bruce Banner