Old 08-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Alvin

Default rsyslogd fails to write after logrotate and grub2 hangs after a restart

On 5/08/2012 7:11, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Jim Tarvid <tarvid@ls.net> wrote:
>
>> These two bugs are destroying my equanimity. I wrote a cron kludge to
>> work
>> around the first but I have to drive to the colo to restart my system.
>>
>> Needless to say I am not a happy Ubuntu Server user
>>
> Not everyone is having these problems. Your complaints are far to generic for anyone to take action on. For example, I can assure you that logging works just fine after logrorate here. We need some specifics.

Yes, add at least the bug numbers.

I believe you might be talking about bug 407862
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/407862
"Messages not being sent to system logs"
It's a rather old bug, and yes, I see it too on all 10.04 LTS servers.