Old 08-05-2012, 05:02 AM
Jim Tarvid

Default rsyslogd fails to write after logrotate and grub2 hangs after a restart

These two bugs are destroying my equanimity.* I wrote a cron kludge to work around the first but I have to drive to the colo to restart my system.

Needless to say I am not a happy Ubuntu Server user

--
Kindness Works!Rev. Jim Tarvid, PCA
12897A Grays Pointe Road, Fairfax, Va 22033703-657-0099 Condo

Old 08-05-2012, 05:11 AM
Scott Kitterman

Jim Tarvid <tarvid@ls.net> wrote:

>These two bugs are destroying my equanimity. I wrote a cron kludge to
>work
>around the first but I have to drive to the colo to restart my system.
>
>Needless to say I am not a happy Ubuntu Server user

Not everyone is having these problems. Your complaints are far to generic for anyone to take action on. For example, I can assure you that logging works just fine after logrorate here. We need some specifics.

Scott K