Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 PM
"Diác. C.J.Moretti"

Default Ubuntu server 12.04 locate problems

HI!
After installing*ubuntu*4.12, I noticed that*when using*the command
man,*I always get*the following message, even*showing me*the correct*syntax of the*command you want:
man: can not*set the*locale,*make*sure*$*LC_***and $*LANG*are correct

When enter*the line:
export LANG*=*pt_BR

the problem*does not happen*...

How can I*fix this*detail without*having to*enter*every time*the line*up?
TKSMoretti

Old 05-16-2012, 01:46 PM
cubells

> Diác. C.J.Moretti <mtt@mitranh.org.br>:

HI!

After installing ubuntu 4.12, I noticed that when using the command
man, I always get the following message, even showing me the correct
syntax of the command you want:
man: can not set the locale, make sure $ LC_ * and $ LANG are correct

When enter the line:
export LANG = pt_BR

the problem does not happen ...

How can I fix this detail without having to enter every time the line up?

I solved this problem by purging my locale package:

$ sudo aptitude purge language-pack-ca

,reinstalling it and rebuilding the locales:

$ sudo locale-gen

--

cubells

web: vcubells.net
microblogging: identi.ca/cubells
xmpp: cubells@jabber.org

Old 05-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Isaque Alves

For me, the solution was to install the language-pack-pt# apt-get install language-pack-pt

2012/5/16 cubells <vicent@vcubells.net>

> Diác. C.J.Moretti <mtt@mitranh.org.br>:

HI!

After installing ubuntu 4.12, I noticed that when using the command

man, I always get the following message, even showing me the correct

syntax of the command you want:

man: can not set the locale, make sure $ LC_ * and $ LANG are correct

When enter the line:

export LANG = pt_BR

the problem does not happen ...

How can I fix this detail without having to enter every time the line up?

I solved this problem by purging my locale package:

$ *sudo aptitude purge language-pack-ca

,reinstalling it and rebuilding the locales:

$ *sudo *locale-gen

--

cubells

web: vcubells.net

microblogging: identi.ca/cubells

xmpp: cubells@jabber.org

Isaque Vieira de Sousa Alves

Ba em Sistemas de Informação pela FAP*Parnaíba*- Faculdade Piauiense

GNU/Linux User
Ubuntero
OSUM Member

Ubuntu Server Team Member
Web Developer with experience inPHP/_javascript_ (Zend Framework / Dojo Toolkit)

Python/_javascript_ (Django Framework/JQuery)Java Technology Enthusiast and Developer

Symbian developer

https://www.launchpad.net/~isaquealves

http://www.isaquealves.com
http://kenai.com/people/2047-isaquealves