Old 05-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Thorsten Göllner

Default Ubuntu 12.04 / kvm / convirt can not be installed properly

Hi,

I am working for 3 days on a server installation (12.04) now. I am
using kvm to run virtual machines on my server. I was looking now
for a management tool and tried convirt. After apt-get install
convirt I noticed, that the installation process for this package is
broken.

1) In /etc/convirt/development.ini the administrator password for
mysql ist not set. This can be done manually (sqlalchemy.url="">

2) After that I tried to start it (sudo service convirt start)
again. But it failed with respect to the missing database tables.
Database convirt (mysql) is created but is empty.
"dpkg-reconfigure convirt" does not help. I tried convirt_setup
and database was now created properly.

3) And again I tried to start the service. But now I get an error
like "there is no property for object c" in the log file.

Any hint for me? Do you need more detailed information?

Thanks for any help

-Thorsten-

Old 05-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Serge Hallyn

Quoting Thorsten Göllner (tg@ovm-group.com):
> <head>

> </head>
> Hi,<br>
> I am working for 3 days on a server installation (12.04) now. I am
> using kvm to run virtual machines on my server. I was looking now
> for a management tool and tried convirt. After apt-get install

Can I ask why you chose convirt, rather than the (preferred on ubuntu
server) libvirt?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Thorsten Göllner

Quoting Thorsten Göllner (tg@ovm-group.com):

<head>

</head>
Hi,<br>
I am working for 3 days on a server installation (12.04) now. I am
using kvm to run virtual machines on my server. I was looking now
for a management tool and tried convirt. After apt-get install

Can I ask why you chose convirt, rather than the (preferred on ubuntu
server) libvirt?

I thought, that convirt is a "pure" management tool
(see http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Management_Tools)

But maybe I am wrong ...

Is there another managment tool you can recommend?

Old 05-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Ricardo Botelho de Sousa