Old 04-25-2012, 04:28 AM
Karl-Arne Gjersøyen

Default Hmmm.. What can I do?

Hello.
I have trouble with move_uploaded_file() in PHP on my Ubuntu server
11.10. I have asked in php group but they say it is a server problem
and not a PHP problem.
I have tried different things like:

1) chmod directory to 0777 but still I cant move uploaded file.
2) sudo chown www-data.www-data images/

Still I can't move uploaded file. What can I do in my server
configuration to make it possible for users to use this feature?

Thanks for your time.
Karl
--
Hjemmeside: http://www.karl-arne.name/

Old 04-25-2012, 08:05 AM
AK

Hi Karl,
while I cannot help with your specific query per se, here is a quick but
important word of warning:
NEVER give 777 permissions to a web directory. Giving everyone write and
execute permissions, you are opening yourself for a lot of potential
vulnerabilities.
HTH