Old 04-10-2012, 12:04 PM
"Dr. Nils Jungclaus"

Default CLVM expected to work in oneiric?

Hi all,

I am trying to set a cluster using gfs2 with underlying clvm and
drbd in dual primary mode.

This works fine in principal, but the clvmd seems to have problems:

I always get:

activation/monitoring=0 is incompatible with clustered Volume
Group "xyz"

I wanted to start drbd and clvm at boottime. So when I boot the
system the volume group is not activated and the filesystem not
mounted. Even worse when I shut down the system: clvm does not
deactivate the volumegroup and drbd is unable to set the resource to
the secondary state, resulting in a system hang.

So my question: Is clvm expected to work in oneiric? Or any older
version? The bug related to this failure seems to be

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lvm2/+bug/833368

but it is not actively worked on as it seems.

Thanks,

* Nils