Old 03-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Timothy Chen

Default Mentor program

Hi all,
My name is Timothy Chen, and I'm interested in contributing to Ubuntu server.
Reading the wiki, I saw there is a mentor program and definitely would love to be paired with a mentor.

I'm not new to linux, but I am new to contributing to linux.
Please let me know how this should go.
Thanks!
Tim

Old 03-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Serge Hallyn

Quoting Timothy Chen (tnachen@gmail.com):
> Hi all,
>
> My name is Timothy Chen, and I'm interested in contributing to Ubuntu
> server.
>
> Reading the wiki, I saw there is a mentor program and definitely would love
> to be paired with a mentor.
>
> I'm not new to linux, but I am new to contributing to linux.
>
> Please let me know how this should go.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Timothy,

I could be wrong, but I think the "official" mentor program as ended. But
I'd love to help you, and I bet I'm not the only one Are there specific
pieces of the server you are interested in? If there are, and they make
someone else go "ooh ooh, that's me" I'll step aside, otherwise I'll be
happy to mentor you (to the best of my ablities).

-serge