Old 03-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierała

Default mount_nfs: can't get net id for host

On 23 mar 2012, at 18:31, Karl-Arne Gjersøyen wrote:

> Hello. I export /home/BackUP from ubuntu server 11.10 and try to mount
> it on Mac OS X 10.6.0 but receive this error:
>
> mount_nfs: can't get net id for host
>
> I have search in google and there they talk about write the server ip
> and host name in /etc/hosts on my mac client box.
> Well, I have done that and restarted the client computer, but still I
> got the same error message.
>
> Do you know what I need to do?

This is not related to Ubuntu really
Paste contents of /etc/hosts on Mac and command you are using to mount that share.

Tomasz 'Zen' Napierała

Old 03-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Karl-Arne Gjersøyen

Tomasz 'Zen' Napierała tomasz@napierala.org

20:09 (For 12 timer siden)

til meg, ubuntu-server
On 23 mar 2012, at 18:31, Karl-Arne Gjersøyen wrote:

> Hello. I export /home/BackUP from ubuntu server 11.10 and try to mount
> it on Mac OS X 10.6.0 but receive this error:
>
> mount_nfs: can't get net id for host
>
> I have search in google and there they talk about write the server ip
> and host name in /etc/hosts on my mac client box.
> Well, I have done that and restarted the client computer, but still I
> got the same error message.
>
> Do you know what I need to do?

>This is not related to Ubuntu really
>Paste contents of /etc/hosts on Mac and command you are using to mount that share.

>Regards,

>--
>Tomasz 'Zen' Napierała

Command: sudo mount nfsserver:/export/users /Users/karl

/etc/hosts
macbook:~ karl$ cat /etc/hosts
##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost
192.168.1.35/24 ubuntu
macbook:~ karl$

Command: sudo mount nfsserver:/export/users /Users/karl

Old 03-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierała

On 24 mar 2012, at 09:09, Karl-Arne Gjersøyen wrote:

> Tomasz 'Zen' Napierała tomasz@napierala.org
> 192.168.1.35/24 ubuntu

This line is wrong, you should only have IP and hostname, e.g.:
192.168.1.35 ubuntu

Tomasz 'Zen' Napierała