Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Eric Hammond

Default MySQL's future in Debian and Ubuntu

On 02/16/2012 10:24 PM, Stewart Smith wrote:
> The benefit of Percona Server is in having [...]
> and features to better help you diagnose what's going on
> inside your server.

Not to take sides in a complex multi-sided argument with many factors to
consider, but from a practical getting-business-done perspective, my
company switched from the standard Ubuntu MySQL release to Percona
(MySQL 5.5) in December for just this reason.

We needed to understand deep details on the performance of our database;
Percona gave us the insight we needed (and more).

--
Eric Hammond