Old 02-07-2012, 11:12 AM
James Page

Default Call for testing: Security Update for tomcat6

Hi Team!

We currently have a stable release update in -proposed for lucid,
maverick, natty and oneiric to resolve two security issues:

1) The Hash DoS vulnerability that has been identified in a number of
languages:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/cve/2011-4858

2) An inefficiency in the way that tomcat handles parameters which
causes a potential vulnerability:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/cve/2012-0022

The update to tomcat6 is a bit bigger than the usual SRU; I have done
some limited testing using the solr-tomcat package (and it looks OK) but
due to the size of the changes it would be great for this proposed
update to get more exposure before it enters -updates!

If you can find the time to try this proposed update out please log
successful/unsuccessful testing on this bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tomcat6/+bug/909828

Please follow these instructions to enable -proposed:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed

Thanks in advance and please ping me (jamespage in #ubuntu-server) if
you need any help.

Cheers

James
--