FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Server Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Josť Antonio Calvo
 
Default New zentyal (ebox) packages for precise

Hi all,

The current ebox-* (Zentyal 2.0) packages in Ubuntu stopped to work some
time ago, mainly due to changes in openldap, and are still broken now in
precise.


We have prepared a set of zentyal-* 2.3 packages which are tested to be
working on precise and should replace the current ebox-* ones.


You can find them at:

https://launchpad.net/~jacalvo/+archive/zentyal-precise/

All the needed depends have been already pushed into precise, so to
include these packages should be quite straightforward.


Would be great if someone from the -server team could sponsor the upload
of these packages to precise.


Please let me know if there is something wrong or we need to do anything
else.


Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

--
Josť Antonio Calvo - Product Manager
jacalvo@zentyal.com

The Linux small business server
www.zentyal.com

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Jorge Salamero Sanz
 
Default New zentyal (ebox) packages for precise

On 01/30/2012 03:19 PM, Josť Antonio Calvo wrote:
> Would be great if someone from the -server team could sponsor the upload
> of these packages to precise.

Any volunteers? We are getting close to the feature freeze...

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 02-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Robbie Williamson
 
Default New zentyal (ebox) packages for precise

On 02/06/2012 07:39 AM, Jorge Salamero Sanz wrote:
> On 01/30/2012 03:19 PM, Josť Antonio Calvo wrote:
>> Would be great if someone from the -server team could sponsor the upload
>> of these packages to precise.
>
> Any volunteers? We are getting close to the feature freeze...
>
Hello Jorge, where are you looking to have these uploaded?
Main...Universe...Canonical Partner...or simply have it showup in the
Software Center via our Application Developer Program[1]?

-Robbie

[1] http://developer.ubuntu.com/publish/

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie@ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"Don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
-Bruce Banner

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Jorge Salamero Sanz
 
Default New zentyal (ebox) packages for precise

On 02/06/2012 04:40 PM, Robbie Williamson wrote:
> Hello Jorge, where are you looking to have these uploaded?
> Main...Universe...Canonical Partner...or simply have it showup in the
> Software Center via our Application Developer Program[1]?
>
> -Robbie

Hi Robbie,

these zentyal-* packages are intended to replace existing ebox-* ones in
Universe (eBox Platform was renamed to Zentyal time ago).

Current ebox-* packages are based on the 2.0 version, which is more than
one year old and doesn't work on oneiric because slapd changes.

ebox|zentyal packages have been in universe since hardy release, and
although we maintain our PPA with the latest packages, we would like to
be integrated with Ubuntu as much as possible, keeping packages in
Universe in a good shape and eventually in the future (not for precise),
move to main.

As I said, we wouldn't like to see how Precise is shipped with broken
Zentyal packages when we have made the effort to prepare new ones.

Thanks,

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 02-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Robbie Williamson
 
Default New zentyal (ebox) packages for precise

On 02/07/2012 02:52 AM, Jorge Salamero Sanz wrote:
> On 02/06/2012 04:40 PM, Robbie Williamson wrote:
>> Hello Jorge, where are you looking to have these uploaded?
>> Main...Universe...Canonical Partner...or simply have it showup in the
>> Software Center via our Application Developer Program[1]?
>>
>> -Robbie
>
> Hi Robbie,
>
> these zentyal-* packages are intended to replace existing ebox-* ones in
> Universe (eBox Platform was renamed to Zentyal time ago).
>
> Current ebox-* packages are based on the 2.0 version, which is more than
> one year old and doesn't work on oneiric because slapd changes.
>
> ebox|zentyal packages have been in universe since hardy release, and
> although we maintain our PPA with the latest packages, we would like to
> be integrated with Ubuntu as much as possible, keeping packages in
> Universe in a good shape and eventually in the future (not for precise),
> move to main.
>
> As I said, we wouldn't like to see how Precise is shipped with broken
> Zentyal packages when we have made the effort to prepare new ones.
>

Given the packages are already in universe, my suggestion is that you
file a Critical bug against Precise under
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ebox (assuming the existing ones
still don't work), attach the the debdiffs, and subscribe
ubuntu-sponsors[1] for review and upload.

-Robbie

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess


--
Robbie Williamson <robbie@ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"Don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
-Bruce Banner

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 02-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Jorge Salamero Sanz
 
Default New zentyal (ebox) packages for precise

On 02/07/2012 07:16 PM, Robbie Williamson wrote:
> Given the packages are already in universe, my suggestion is that you
> file a Critical bug against Precise under
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ebox (assuming the existing ones
> still don't work), attach the the debdiffs, and subscribe
> ubuntu-sponsors[1] for review and upload.

We have filled the bug, and subscribed ubuntu-sponsors. I dont think
debdiffs are useful here as the source package name is different and the
changes are big.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ebox/+bug/928501

But still would be great if someone from the -server team sponsors this
as we did in the past.

Cheers,

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org