Old 12-14-2011, 01:29 PM
"Peter M. Petrakis"

Default This menu allows you to configure iscsi volumes --> screen while installing Ubuntu Server LTS 10.04

On 12/13/2011 07:46 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 6:03 AM, Paul Graydon <paul@paulgraydon.co.uk
> <mailtoaul@paulgraydon.co.uk>> wrote:
>
> On 12/13/2011 02:27 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Kaushal Shriyan
>> <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com <mailto:kaushalshriyan@gmail.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This menu allows you to configure iscsi volumes --> screen while
>> installing Ubuntu Server LTS 10.04 probably ->
>>
>> Any clue ?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Kaushal
>>

>> Hi
>>
>> I am hit with this bug
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kickseed/+bug/548617
>> Please suggest further
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Kaushal
>>
> You're going to need to throw the list at least a little bit of a
> bone here... You've given virtually no useful information at all.
>
> What hardware do you have? What exactly are you seeing? What have you
> tried so far?
>
> Paul
>

> Hi Paul,
>
> I am using PXE Server to install ubuntu lucid 10.04.3 on IBM System
> x3650 M3 and i see this below message
>
> During kickstart installation it stops in menu:
>
> !! Partitioning disks This menu allows you to configure iSCSI
> volumes iSCSI configuration actions Log into iSCSI targets Finish <Go
> Back>
>
> I have checked for any bugs if there are any and i get these bug very
> close to my issue
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kickseed/+bug/548617 which
> is a duplicate of https://bugs.launchpad.net/null/+bug/546929
>
> Hard disk attached to the system is 300 GB SAS Drive * 4 Nos
> configured with RAID 10. RAID Controller card is RAID bus
> controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 9240 (rev 03)
>
> Do let me know if you need any further information.

iSCSI isn't a catch all for anything that uses the SCSI protocol,
it's for external storage over TCP/IP. Your internal storage RAID
array doesn't qualify. Simply exit out of this menu and continue to
the partitioning phase. If you continue to have problems like say the
volume you provisioned isn't visible then please let us know.

Peter

Old 12-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Kaushal Shriyan

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Peter M. Petrakis <peter.petrakis@canonical.com> wrote:

On 12/13/2011 07:46 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 6:03 AM, Paul Graydon <paul@paulgraydon.co.uk

> <mailtoaul@paulgraydon.co.uk>> wrote:

> On 12/13/2011 02:27 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

>> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Kaushal Shriyan

>> <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com <mailto:kaushalshriyan@gmail.com>>

>> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> This menu allows you to configure iscsi volumes --> screen while

>> installing Ubuntu Server LTS 10.04 probably ->

>> Any clue ?

>> Regards

>> Kaushal

>> Hi

>> I am hit with this bug

>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kickseed/+bug/548617

>> Please suggest further

>> Regards

>> Kaushal

> You're going to need to throw the list at least a little bit of a

> bone here... *You've given virtually no useful information at all.

> What hardware do you have? What exactly are you seeing? What have you

> tried so far?

> Paul

> Hi Paul,

> I am using PXE Server to install ubuntu lucid 10.04.3 on IBM System

> x3650 M3 and i see this below message

> During kickstart installation it stops in menu:

> !! Partitioning disks This menu allows you to configure iSCSI

> volumes iSCSI configuration actions Log into iSCSI targets Finish <Go

> Back>

> I have checked for any bugs if there are any and i get these bug very

> close to my issue

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kickseed/+bug/548617 which

> is a duplicate of https://bugs.launchpad.net/null/+bug/546929

> Hard disk attached to the system is 300 GB SAS Drive * 4 Nos

> configured with RAID 10. RAID Controller card is *RAID bus

> controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 9240 (rev 03)

> Do let me know if you need any further information.

iSCSI isn't a catch all for anything that uses the SCSI protocol,

it's for external storage over TCP/IP. Your internal storage RAID

array doesn't qualify. Simply exit out of this menu and continue to

the partitioning phase. If you continue to have problems like say

volume you provisioned isn't visible then please let us know.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I tried all options and still not able to get through this issue, attaching the screenshot. Let me know if there are any further information to be shared.

Regards

Kaushal