FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Server Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Dave Walker
 
Default FeatureDefinitionFreeze Tomorrow!

Hi,

Tomorrow we hit FeatureDefinitionFreeze, which is the time in the
cycle where everything that is planned to be in main archive is
declared.

Whilst these changes should already be noted in relevant work items, I
would also appreciate a reply in this thread for other things being
considered that I might be missing which are expected to be part of
the Precise release.

I have a grasp of Orchestra, Openstack and Juju feature definitions,
but others I really need to be made aware of.

I will be sending an email to the release team list tomorrow with a
summary of this.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker
--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 11-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Timo Aaltonen
 
Default FeatureDefinitionFreeze Tomorrow!

23.11.2011 11:00, Dave Walker kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> Tomorrow we hit FeatureDefinitionFreeze, which is the time in the
> cycle where everything that is planned to be in main archive is
> declared.
>
> Whilst these changes should already be noted in relevant work items, I
> would also appreciate a reply in this thread for other things being
> considered that I might be missing which are expected to be part of
> the Precise release.

Is getting sssd in main still a goal? The UDS session got cancelled, and
there's been no (blueprint) activity since.

I've checked that these build-dependencies would need to be promoted as
well:

ding-libs (libcollection-dev, libini-config-dev, libdhash-dev)
tevent (libtevent-dev)
ldb (libldb-dev)
libsemanage (libsemanage1-dev)


--
t

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 11-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Timo Aaltonen
 
Default FeatureDefinitionFreeze Tomorrow!

(resent after resubscribing, please delete the one on the moderation queue)

23.11.2011 11:00, Dave Walker kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> Tomorrow we hit FeatureDefinitionFreeze, which is the time in the
> cycle where everything that is planned to be in main archive is
> declared.
>
> Whilst these changes should already be noted in relevant work items, I
> would also appreciate a reply in this thread for other things being
> considered that I might be missing which are expected to be part of
> the Precise release.

Is getting sssd in main still a goal? The UDS session got cancelled, and
there's been no (blueprint) activity since.

I've checked that these build-dependencies would need to be promoted as
well:

ding-libs (libcollection-dev, libini-config-dev, libdhash-dev)
tevent (libtevent-dev)
ldb (libldb-dev)
libsemanage (libsemanage1-dev)


--
t

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 11-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Etienne Goyer
 
Default FeatureDefinitionFreeze Tomorrow!

On 11-11-24 11:21 AM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> (resent after resubscribing, please delete the one on the moderation queue)
>
> 23.11.2011 11:00, Dave Walker kirjoitti:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Tomorrow we hit FeatureDefinitionFreeze, which is the time in the
>> cycle where everything that is planned to be in main archive is
>> declared.
>>
>> Whilst these changes should already be noted in relevant work items, I
>> would also appreciate a reply in this thread for other things being
>> considered that I might be missing which are expected to be part of
>> the Precise release.
>
> Is getting sssd in main still a goal? The UDS session got cancelled, and
> there's been no (blueprint) activity since.
>
> I've checked that these build-dependencies would need to be promoted as
> well:
>
> ding-libs (libcollection-dev, libini-config-dev, libdhash-dev)
> tevent (libtevent-dev)
> ldb (libldb-dev)
> libsemanage (libsemanage1-dev)

I, for one, would very much like to have sssd in main. FWIW.


--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd
Ubuntu Certified Instructor - LPIC-3

~= Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings =~

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Robbie Williamson
 
Default FeatureDefinitionFreeze Tomorrow!

On 11/24/2011 10:12 AM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> 23.11.2011 11:00, Dave Walker kirjoitti:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Tomorrow we hit FeatureDefinitionFreeze, which is the time in the
>> cycle where everything that is planned to be in main archive is
>> declared.
>>
>> Whilst these changes should already be noted in relevant work items, I
>> would also appreciate a reply in this thread for other things being
>> considered that I might be missing which are expected to be part of
>> the Precise release.
>
> Is getting sssd in main still a goal? The UDS session got cancelled, and
> there's been no (blueprint) activity since.

Though a Low priority, it's still a goal. If you or anyone else is
interested in speeding this along, having someone go through steps 1 and
2 of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionProcess would help.

>
> I've checked that these build-dependencies would need to be promoted as
> well:
>
> ding-libs (libcollection-dev, libini-config-dev, libdhash-dev)
> tevent (libtevent-dev)
> ldb (libldb-dev)
> libsemanage (libsemanage1-dev)
>

Thanks Timo!

-Robbie


--
Robbie Williamson <robbie@ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
-Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me


--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 12-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Michael Jeanson
 
Default FeatureDefinitionFreeze Tomorrow!

----- Original Message -----
> On 11/24/2011 10:12 AM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> >
> > Is getting sssd in main still a goal? The UDS session got cancelled,
> > and
> > there's been no (blueprint) activity since.
>
> Though a Low priority, it's still a goal. If you or anyone else is
> interested in speeding this along, having someone go through steps 1
> and
> 2 of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionProcess would help.
>
> >
> > I've checked that these build-dependencies would need to be promoted
> > as
> > well:
> >
> > ding-libs (libcollection-dev, libini-config-dev, libdhash-dev)
> > tevent (libtevent-dev)
> > ldb (libldb-dev)
> > libsemanage (libsemanage1-dev)
> >

Hi Timo,

Here is a starting point for SSSD :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sssd/+bug/903749

I'll try to get started on the other packages tonight after work,
if anyone else wants to help, feel free.

Michael

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 12-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Michael Jeanson
 
Default FeatureDefinitionFreeze Tomorrow!

----- Original Message -----
> 13.12.2011 17:24, Michael Jeanson kirjoitti:
> > Hi Timo,
> >
> > Here is a starting point for SSSD :
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sssd/+bug/903749
> >
> > I'll try to get started on the other packages tonight after work,
> > if anyone else wants to help, feel free.
>
> I already started my own
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sssd/+bug/903752
>

I've marked mine as invalid, yours was more complete. From my
understanding, we have to open a bug for each of the
dependencies too.

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 12-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Timo Aaltonen
 
Default FeatureDefinitionFreeze Tomorrow!

13.12.2011 20:22, Michael Jeanson kirjoitti:
> ----- Original Message -----
>> 13.12.2011 17:24, Michael Jeanson kirjoitti:
>>> Hi Timo,
>>>
>>> Here is a starting point for SSSD :
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sssd/+bug/903749
>>>
>>> I'll try to get started on the other packages tonight after work,
>>> if anyone else wants to help, feel free.
>>
>> I already started my own
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sssd/+bug/903752
>>
>
> I've marked mine as invalid, yours was more complete. From my
> understanding, we have to open a bug for each of the
> dependencies too.

The wikipage says that they can be included on the main bug, so I was
thinking it would make sense in this case (the are "just" libs anyway).


https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMainInclusionRequirements

--
t

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org