Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 AM
carlopmart

Default Strange problem with configuration

Hi all,

I have a strange problem with a bridge configuration on a Ubuntu LTS
10.04.3 host. This host has three interfaces:

1/ eth0 --- Lan1
2/ eth1 --- Lan0
3/ eth2 --- Lan1

I need to configure a bridge using eth1 and eth2. My
/etc/network/interfaces:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 172.25.110.5
netmask 255.255.255.240
network 172.25.110.0
broadcast 172.25.110.15
gateway 172.25.110.1
dns-nameservers 172.25.50.10
dns-search hpulabs.org

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet manual

auto eth2
iface eth2 inet manual

auto br0
iface br0 inet manual
bridge_ports eth1 eth2
bridge_stp off
bridge_hello 2
bridge_fd 0
bridge_maxage 12
bridge_maxwait 0
bridge_ageing 0

But when I try to ping to this host from a desktop in the Lan0 doesn't
works. Tcpdump doesn't shows traffic ... What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com