-   -   squid proxy as a TPROXY that will work... based on ubuntu. (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/594009-squid-proxy-tproxy-will-work-based-ubuntu.html)

Eliezer Croitoru 11-02-2011 08:55 PM

squid proxy as a TPROXY that will work... based on ubuntu.

i am strugling to build a cache proxy based on UBUNTU server and squid
3.2.0.5 as a fully transparent proxy using iptables TPORXY module.

there is an option to build it on a router or on a bridge.
i managed to make it work but it's not working always.
it's like all the guides are missing some linux or iptalbesebtables points.

Would like to get help on it.

Thanks
Eliezer

Christoffer Holmstedt 11-03-2011 03:52 PM

squid proxy as a TPROXY that will work... based on ubuntu.

Hi
What makes you think that it doesn't work always? Any errors from the
hosts behind the proxy?

I setup Squid 2.7 on CentOS as transparent proxy last week for a
testing environment. It did work but didn't cache alot due to to much
dynamic webpages so it didn't give us alot of speed up/less bandwitdh
usage. I've tried to find my iptables settings but I'm afraid I didn't
do any backup from that testing environment.

Best Regards
--
Christoffer Holmstedt

Eliezer Croitoru 11-03-2011 04:05 PM

squid proxy as a TPROXY that will work... based on ubuntu.

What makes you think that it doesn't work always? Any errors from the
hosts behind the proxy?
well the problem is that i am using iptstate to follow the TPROXY
activity and iptables packets movement.
somewhere there in the middle the packets just stoppting to move between
one side of the bridge to the other using iptables..it's like the
packets are skipping iptables.

Thanks
Eliezer

Christoffer Holmstedt 11-03-2011 04:29 PM

squid proxy as a TPROXY that will work... based on ubuntu.

aha, then I'm afraid I can't help you, I've no clue at the moment. I
hope someone else can help you.

--
Christoffer Holmstedt