Old 10-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Clint Byrum

Default Drop xinetd from main?

So, I was triaging a bug in xinetd, and got to wondering why it is
in main.

It seems to have a very short list of rdepends, all in universe.

It has not had a release since 2005 from what I can see.

There is no public bug tracker.

openbsd-inetd is also in main, and at least has a responsive upstream.

Unless somebody provides a good reason, I think it should be demoted
to universe.