Old 09-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Todd Deshane

Default grub2 Xen entry

Hi All,

I'm testing the beta+updates to make sure the out of box Xen support
works, but after install the Xen hypervisor and then running
update-grub2, a Xen entry is not created.

See:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/862647

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane
http://www.linkedin.com/in/deshantm

Old 09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Stefan Bader

On 29.09.2011 20:39, Todd Deshane wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm testing the beta+updates to make sure the out of box Xen support
> works, but after install the Xen hypervisor and then running
> update-grub2, a Xen entry is not created.
>
> See:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/862647
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

You should instrument the script in /etc/grud.d (20_linux_xen) to find out what
exactly goes wrong...

-Stefan

Old 10-02-2011, 02:28 AM
Todd Deshane

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Stefan Bader
<stefan.bader@canonical.com> wrote:

> You should instrument the script in /etc/grud.d (20_linux_xen) to find out what
> exactly goes wrong...

I'm in the process of debugging this. I'll report back when I figure it out.

Thanks,
Todd

Old 10-02-2011, 04:07 AM
Todd Deshane

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xen.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Stefan Bader
> <stefan.bader@canonical.com> wrote:
>

>> You should instrument the script in /etc/grud.d (20_linux_xen) to find out what
>> exactly goes wrong...
>
> I'm in the process of debugging this. I'll report back when I figure it out.
Turns out this was a user error. The "Basic Ubuntu Server" tasksel
didn't pull in the linux-image-server like I would have expected.

I closed the bug.

Thanks,
Todd