Old 09-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Charles Bearden

Default Upgrading linux-image packages beyond available linux-server version

I have a 10.04 server which is running the 2.6.32.33.39 version of the
linux-server package. This seems to be the highest candidate for my release:

$ apt-cache policy linux-server
linux-server:
Installed: 2.6.32.33.39
Candidate: 2.6.32.33.39
Version table:
*** 2.6.32.33.39 0
500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid-updates/main Packages
500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid-security/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
2.6.32.21.22 0
500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages

However, I also see kernels newer than that specified by the server package,
e.g. linux-image-2.6.38-10-server, but with no corresponding linux-server
package. Is there a reasonable way to use the newer kernel?

Thanks,
Chuck
--
Chuck Bearden