Old 02-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Martin Sourada

Default Alternative wallpapers for Sulphuric Waves

Hi,

I've played a bit with the Sulphuric waves wallpapers and put some
(blue) colour in it. I don't know why, but whenever I play with blue
colours for wallpapers I always end up with more or less the same hue...
I created two versions - one simple (only with modified colours) and one
a little more complex (I added some halo). I personally like my version
better since its brighter and more fedora (you know, I have deeply
associated fedora with blue colour), while the original seems a little
more professional... I've updated the wiki [1] accordingly.

Comments welcome,
Martin

Old 02-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Daniel Geiger

I like different aspects of both; the second seems a bit shinier/brighter, while the first is more subdued.* The second also has a more distinct "horizon," if that is the intent with this artwork.

Daniel

Martin Sourada <martin.sourada@gmail.com> wrote: Hi,

I've played a bit with the Sulphuric waves wallpapers and put some
(blue) colour in it. I don't know why, but whenever I play with blue
colours for wallpapers I always end up with more or less the same hue...
I created two versions - one simple (only with modified colours) and one
a little more complex (I added some halo). I personally like my version
better since its brighter and more fedora (you know, I have deeply
associated fedora with blue colour), while the original seems a little
more professional... I've updated the wiki [1]
accordingly.

Comments welcome,
Martin

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.______________________________________________ _
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com

Old 02-18-2008, 06:23 AM
Nicu Buculei

Martin Sourada wrote:

I've played a bit with the Sulphuric waves wallpapers and put some
(blue) colour in it. I don't know why, but whenever I play with blue
colours for wallpapers I always end up with more or less the same hue...
I created two versions - one simple (only with modified colours) and one
a little more complex (I added some halo). I personally like my version
better since its brighter and more fedora (you know, I have deeply
associated fedora with blue colour), while the original seems a little
more professional... I've updated the wiki [1] accordingly.

I am also *for* a blue alternative (at least as a try) but I find your
version a bit too bright. Maybe I'll try myself a darker version.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:47 PM
"Jeffrey Ollie"

On 2/18/08, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> I am also *for* a blue alternative (at least as a try) but I find your
> version a bit too bright. Maybe I'll try myself a darker version.

I'm against a blue theme - we've had blue themes for many many
releases and I'm ready for something different. That's part of why I
voted for sulphur - I hoped that it would inspire you all to come up
with something different. That's why I was so pleased to see Máirín's
grey/yellow sulphur mockups.

Jeff