Old 08-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Vijay Bharghav Bheemineni

Default Contributing to Ubuntu Server Team

Hi Ubuntu Server Team,
* * * * *My name is Vijay Bheemineni. For past couple of years I am working as "Middleware Admin", my core skill set includes "Weblogic Server Administration, Apache, Shell Scripting". Right now I am trying to learn Linux Administration in order to perform my current role in better way. As part of learning Linux Administration, I am preparing for LPI certification. During this process I had started using Ubuntu server and liked it from day one.

* * * * *I am in process of learning Linux administration, but at the same time I would like to start contributing to Ubuntu Server. The reason I had selected "Ubuntu Server" team is "I would like to master Ubuntu server administration". During the process of learning of administration, I also felt I would be able to help**"Ubuntu Server"*in small way with respect to documentation or any task which your team would like me to handle.

* * * * *I hope you will allow me to contribute "Ubuntu Server" in a small way.
* * * * *Thanks for giving this*opportunity.
Regards,
Vijay Bheemineni.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Ahmed Kamal

* * * * *I am in process of learning Linux administration,
but at the same time I would like to start contributing to
Ubuntu Server. The reason I had selected "Ubuntu Server" team
is "I would like to master Ubuntu server administration".
During the process of learning of administration, I also felt
I would be able to help**"Ubuntu Server"*in small way with
respect to documentation or any task which your team would
like me to handle.

Hi Vijay,

Glad you're interested in contributing! Since you mention you'd like
to start with something simple such as documentation fixes, we are
already starting a review process for the Ubuntu server guide. You
can definitely help there, check out more information at:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2011-August/005805.html

The nice thing, is that since you're learning Ubuntu server, this
will be an informative and interesting read to you. Let me know if
that's something you'd like to help with. Later on, we can move to
other things of course

Thanks