Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Ahmed Kamal

Default ServerGuide reviewers needed

Hi folks,

As you know Adam the maintainer of the serverguide had stepped down. I'm
trying to assemble a team of server oriented folks who are interested in
reviewing the Ubuntu server guide (making sure all the info inside is
fresh and accurate), this is only part of it, the team would also work
on creating a fresh chapter on UbuntuCloud (openstack+orchestra+Ensemble).

If you are interested, please raise your hand

Cheers

Old 08-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Laszlo Antal

Hi

Would love to help out.
Please note this would be my first time with guides of any type so I'll need some direction.
I am also getting into openstack more and more so it would be a good opportunity for me.

Thanks

lzantal

Old 08-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Paul

Sure, I'd be interested. First time doing such a thing so I'll need a bit of pointing in the right direction

Paul

Old 08-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Hazzim Anaya

I am interested*in participating.

Sure, I'd be interested. First time doing such a thing so I'll need a bit of pointing in the right direction

Paul

Ahmed Kamal <kim0@ubuntu.com> wrote:

>Hi folks,

>As you know Adam the maintainer of the serverguide had stepped down. I'm

>trying to assemble a team of server oriented folks who are interested in

>reviewing the Ubuntu server guide (making sure all the info inside is

>fresh and accurate), this is only part of it, the team would also work

>on creating a fresh chapter on UbuntuCloud (openstack+orchestra+Ensemble).

>If you are interested, please raise your hand

>Cheers

>--

>More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam

M.S.I. Hazzim Ivan Anaya Casas
http://hazzimanaya.com/

Old 08-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Leonardo Borda

Hi Ahmed,

I am interested.
Let me know what needs to be done in order to kick off this task force.
I will be very happy to contribute.

Thank you
Leonardo Borda

Old 08-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Paul

After doing some digging around on Ubuntu's site, I guess this would be
good steps for getting started:

http://cloud.ubuntu.com/2011/08/help-ubuntu-improve-server-guide/

Is there any specific sections that are causes for concern, or should we
just pick a section and roll with it?

Paul

Old 08-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Peter Matulis

On 11-08-17 12:33 PM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> As you know Adam the maintainer of the serverguide had stepped down. I'm
> trying to assemble a team of server oriented folks who are interested in
> reviewing the Ubuntu server guide (making sure all the info inside is
> fresh and accurate), this is only part of it, the team would also work
> on creating a fresh chapter on UbuntuCloud (openstack+orchestra+Ensemble).
>
> If you are interested, please raise your hand
>
> Cheers

<raises hand>

--
Peter

Old 08-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Michael Zoet

Hi all,

if you need a reviewer who uses Ubuntu Server in production
environments, I am willing to help.

I always thought there should be some more practical tips on OpenLDAP
and KVM in the server guide. As I use these software everyday I can
contribute on these topics.

Bye,

Michael

Old 08-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Ahmed Kamal

As you know Adam the maintainer of the serverguide had stepped
down. I'm trying to assemble a team of server oriented folks who
are interested in reviewing the Ubuntu server guide (making sure
all the info inside is fresh and accurate), this is only part of
it, the team would also work on creating a fresh chapter on
UbuntuCloud (openstack+orchestra+Ensemble).

If you are interested, please raise your hand

Cheers

Wow, I have been bombarded with interested contributors! Thanks to
everyone who replied offering to contribute, this is how we "Ubuntu
people" get things done! For everyone wanting to contribute, here is
what you need to do:

- Visit:

http://pad.ubuntu.com/serverguide

- Pick a sub-chapter you would like to review, add your launchpad
name to the end and change status from TODO to INPROGRESS

* Example: 4.2TCP/IP (TODO) would become 4.2 TCP/IP (INPROGRESS) (YOUR-LP-NAME)

- That pad page also has instructions on how to grab the serverguide
and work with it

- If you've never used bzr before, this tutorial can be useful:

http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/latest/en/mini-tutorial/

- If you need any help, ping me kim0 on irc. I hang out on
#ubuntu-server or #ubuntu-cloud. Or shoot me an email

Note: While we've broken down the work items by sub-chapter, I would
like to encourage you to own a full chapter since that should help
with consistency

Thanks again for offering to help, we have a limited time frame till
11.10 is released, so your prompt contributions are very welcome.
Let's start crunching