-   -   Xen 4.1 doesn't support HVM domUs (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/554142-xen-4-1-doesnt-support-hvm-domus.html)

"Serge E. Hallyn" 07-19-2011 12:28 PM

Xen 4.1 doesn't support HVM domUs

Oops, chuck is out this week. Adding the whole ubuntu-server
list. Thanks for collecting all that info, Boris.

-serge

Quoting Boris Derzhavets (bderzhavets@yahoo.com):

Stefan Bader 07-19-2011 12:59 PM

On 19.07.2011 14:28, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Oops, chuck is out this week. Adding the whole ubuntu-server
> list. Thanks for collecting all that info, Boris.
>
> -serge
>
> Quoting Boris Derzhavets (bderzhavets@yahoo.com):
>> I have tested Chuck's source and rebuilt it one more time.
>> Nothing is there . I mean patches for HVM support.
>>
>> Boris.

Played around with it a bit. So far (and dunno whether Chuck actually is already
on it or aware) I am at:

- need to get a few more modules loaded. At least xen_gntdev and probably
xen_gntalloc and xen_wdt...
- qemu-keymaps puts itself into /usr/share/qemu-linaro... They are search
in /usr/share/qemu (of course)
- Having only used older centos based dom0 mostly before, I just tried to
start the hvm instance with xm create. However there is a xl and xl
create behaves differently and gets further...
- Using xl create -c, there is stuff searched or tried to create in
/var/lib/xen, but we only got either /var/lib/xend and /var/lib/xenstored.
- Creating /var/lib/xen gets me a bit further. Though not really the happy
place I'd liked to be...

-Stefan