Old 06-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Jesus arteche

Default OpenStack vs Eucalyptus

Hi,

I have to build a private cloud, I have experience with Eucalyptus...and our apps are in production in Amazon...but now Open Stack is there...someone has experience working with both...can you tell me something to decide one or another???

Thanks

Old 06-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierała

On 2011-06-18, at 18:44, Jesus arteche wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have to build a private cloud, I have experience with Eucalyptus...and our apps are in production in Amazon...but now Open Stack is there...someone has experience working with both...can you tell me something to decide one or another???

Eucalyptu is more mature but development stalled. OS is very promising, but unstable, and I wouldn't consider it production ready. If you are experienced sysadmin, and not affraid of some manual sql etc. you might try it.

pz
--
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierała

Old 06-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Arnaud Soyez

At least, it appears [1] OpenStack will be the cloud technology used by
Ubuntu in the near future which means it will eventually be
production-ready.

[1]
http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/mapping-babel-10017967/ubuntu-shifts-to-openstack-for-cloud-10022422/?tag=mncol;txt

Old 06-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Adon Metcalfe

Maybe try proxmox? The latest KVM kernel they use is based on Ubuntu 2.6.35 though its a Debian Lenny based distro
Decent web interface, always track latest KVM
See*http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Main_Page

At least, it appears [1] OpenStack will be the cloud technology used by

Ubuntu in the near future which means it will eventually be

production-ready.

[1]

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/mapping-babel-10017967/ubuntu-shifts-to-openstack-for-cloud-10022422/?tag=mncol;txt

Adon Metcalfe
Labyrinth Data Services Pty Ltd
http://www.labyrinthdata.net.au

Old 06-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierała

On 2011-06-19, at 03:46, Adon Metcalfe wrote:

> Maybe try proxmox? The latest KVM kernel they use is based on Ubuntu 2.6.35 though its a Debian Lenny based distro
>
> Decent web interface, always track latest KVM

Proxmox is not cloud technology. It's hypervisor with web gui.

Tomasz 'Zen' Napierała

Old 06-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Ahmed Kamal