-   -   upgrade to natty problems - network down (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/533336-upgrade-natty-problems-network-down.html)

bill bixby 05-31-2011 11:19 PM

upgrade to natty problems - network down

OK. Everything pings fine.
All PCs are in the same workgroup.*
The Windows box has been removed from the network.
I did specify shares on the other computers just not the one I was sitting at.*
Having everyone set up on the samba server is the tricky part.* How do I do that?
I am using the latest version samba, swat, and ubuntu 11.04 and it is limiting some of my actions
When I try to map usernames to etc/samba/smbusers it comes up in swat as "available = no" instead of what I typed.
So I don't know how to make a user list in this system
There has been one change since my last post - I formated and reinstalled ubuntu 11 server on my server and samba and swat etc. and now it sees the other linux boxes and can access everything fine.* But none of the
other machines can.* The server is set (in swat) as the master domain, etc.* One problem - apparently - was that I was trying to set security = domain for all the machines and that wasn't working.* I've changed that now - so they are all set to security = user - but other than the ubuntu server none of the boxes can see each other.
Oh - and they are about to fire me - because they want the network running now.* Don't know what they will do for a network when I'm gone but I guess they figure they don't have one anyway

DESPERATE

Jack