Old 05-31-2011, 01:45 AM
Peter Matulis

Default No cron restart after pam upgrade?

On 11-05-30 09:17 PM, Simon Males wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just had three 10.10 servers perform an unattended-upgrade to
> libpam* and all three servers started producing the following errors
> in syslog:
>
> CRON[31500]: Module is unknown
>
> Restarting cron brought things back to life.
>
> There are a number of different threads (not Ubuntu specific)
> detailing a similar situation: Cron error on libpam upgrade.
>
> Is it a fair suggestion that cron should restart on a libpam upgrade?

Yep:

$ ldd /usr/sbin/cron | grep pam

libpam.so.0 => /lib/libpam.so.0 (0x003b0000)

--
Peter

Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 AM
Darren Worrall

We've had his on our 10.04 boxes overnight. Is there a bug report filed?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Marc Deslauriers

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 08:48 +0100, Darren Worrall wrote:
> We've had his on our 10.04 boxes overnight. Is there a bug report filed?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pam/+bug/790538

Marc.