Old 05-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Serge Hallyn

Default ubuntu server team info

Hi,

looking at wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/GettingInvolved, it certainly
looks like you should just join the ubuntu-server mailing list and send
an email expressing your interest. But, I've not seen such an email
that I can recall. Did you join the list? I'm pretty sure that is
required for your email to go through. I'm Cc:ing that list to
hopefully get to the bottom of this, because we're certainly keen on
growing the community.

In the meantime, as far as being an *effective* member of the team,
if you haven't done so already you can join the ubuntu bugcontrol
list and triage server bugs without being a server team member. And
of course you can work on the packages that interest you and poke
on #ubuntu-server for sponsors.

Sorry you've been having trouble. Hopefully we can straighten it
out and prevent it from happening to other people.

-serge

Quoting matthew byers (stlsaint@ubuntu.com):

Old 05-27-2011, 07:08 PM
matthew byers

I am sure i subscribed to the team before but just to be sure i tried again and got this response that i was already subscribed:

An attempt was made to subscribe your address to the mailing list

Note that the list membership is not public, so it is possible that a bad

person was trying to probe the list for its membership. *This would be a

privacy violation if we let them do this, but we didn't.

If you submitted the subscription request and forgot that you were already

subscribed to the list, then you can ignore this message. *If you suspect that

an attempt is being made to covertly discover whether you are a member of this

list, and you are worried about your privacy, then feel free to send a message

to the list administrator at ubuntu-server-owner@lists.ubuntu.com.

I will again send the email out to the ML expressing interest.

--
God Bless