-   -   Discover what vnet is attached to a kvm guest (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/525735-discover-what-vnet-attached-kvm-guest.html)

carlopmart 05-13-2011 08:48 AM

Discover what vnet is attached to a kvm guest

Hi all,

How can I see what vnet is attached to a certain kvm guest?? For
example: I have a kvmguest1. When I launch this guest with virsh
command, virsh creates a new vnetX interface for this guest. How can I
extract this virtual net interface (vnet0, vnet1, vnet2 or so on) using
a script??

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com

Serge Hallyn 05-13-2011 12:57 PM

Discover what vnet is attached to a kvm guest

Quoting carlopmart (carlopmart@gmail.com):
> Hi all,
>
> How can I see what vnet is attached to a certain kvm guest?? For
> example: I have a kvmguest1. When I launch this guest with virsh
> command, virsh creates a new vnetX interface for this guest. How can
> I extract this virtual net interface (vnet0, vnet1, vnet2 or so on)
> using a script??

# virsh list
Id Name State
----------------------------------
1 debian running

# virsh dumpxml 1

<interface type='network'>
<mac address='52:54:00:0f:9e:17'/>
<source network='default'/>
<target dev='vnet0'/>
<alias name='net0'/>
<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
</interface>

-serge

carlopmart 05-13-2011 01:47 PM

Discover what vnet is attached to a kvm guest

How can I see what vnet is attached to a certain kvm guest?? For
example: I have a kvmguest1. When I launch this guest with virsh
command, virsh creates a new vnetX interface for this guest. How can
I extract this virtual net interface (vnet0, vnet1, vnet2 or so on)
using a script??

# virsh list
Id Name State
----------------------------------
1 debian running

# virsh dumpxml 1

<interface type='network'>
<mac address='52:54:00:0f:9e:17'/>
<source network='default'/>
<target dev='vnet0'/>
<alias name='net0'/>
<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
</interface>

-serge

Thanks Serge.

--