Old 05-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Asif Iqbal

Default motd is not updating

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Greyson Farias <greysonsilva@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Try # apt-get dist-upgrade

excerpt from man aptitdue

Note
This command was originally named dist-upgrade for historical
reasons, and aptitude still recognizes dist-upgrade as a
synonym for full-upgrade.

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Asif Iqbal

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado
<carloscarnero@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi (again),
>
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado
> <carloscarnero@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am running ubuntu server 10.04.2 LTS. It does not look like my motd
>>> is getting updated.
>>
>> I had to manually remove motd.local (I think) in order to get the
>> previous behavior. I think some update, dunno which, borked the file.
>
> Actually, it was /etc/motd.tail. Sorry. Again

thanks a lot!

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?