Old 04-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Ethan Galstad

Default Nagios packages for Ubuntu

Hi Guys -

There was a thread last month about Nagios packages (and alternatives)
in the next Ubuntu release. I just signed up for this list, so I'm
having to start a new thread - apologies for that.

There are a number of new developments for Nagios that could be
considered for optional packages alongside a Nagios Core install. We
have developed a new PHP GUI for Nagios, as well as several addons.
Additional utilities are being released in the next few months, and
those might be useful to users as well.

You can see some of the new OSS addons (Nagios V-Shell, Nagios BPI) here:

http://www.nagios.org/whatsnew

The future release of Nagios CCM (a web-based configuration frontend)
might also be useful for Ubuntu users.

Best regards and keep up the good work!

Ethan Galstad

Old 04-18-2011, 07:12 PM
nap

There was a thread last month about Nagios packages (and alternatives) in the next Ubuntu release. *I just signed up for this list, so I'm having to start a new thread - apologies for that.

There are a number of new developments for Nagios that could be considered for optional packages alongside a Nagios Core install. *We have developed a new PHP GUI for Nagios, as well as several addons. Additional utilities are being released in the next few months, and those might be useful to users as well.

You can see some of the new OSS addons (Nagios V-Shell, Nagios BPI) here:

http://www.nagios.org/whatsnew

The future release of Nagios CCM (a web-based configuration frontend) might also be useful for Ubuntu users.

Best regards and keep up the good work!
Hi,

Is the nagios thread still open? If we talk about nagios alternatives, they are done to be compatible with tools around Nagios core. So why not look for a core replacement that allow users to got new core features?

Regards

Jean Gabs
*

Ethan Galstad