Old 03-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Etienne Goyer

Default ipv6 health check

On 11-03-30 11:46 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Etienne Goyer wrote:
>> - What about IPv6 support in Eucalyptus and OpenStack?
>
> Dunno about Eucalyptus, but OpenStack/Nova has ipv6 support baked in.

By that, do you mean you can run OpenStack/Nova in an IPv4-free
environment? What about the instances?

Which raise the question: does the EC2 API even support IPv6 addresses?
I am talking about stuff like Elastic IP, the rules for security
groups, etc. I guess not, but I do not know really.

--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd

~= Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings =~

Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Ralph Janke

properly on Ubuntu Server with IPV6 enabled.

I am interested to help with this

Old 03-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Thierry Carrez

Etienne Goyer wrote:
> On 11-03-30 11:46 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Etienne Goyer wrote:
>>> - What about IPv6 support in Eucalyptus and OpenStack?
>>
>> Dunno about Eucalyptus, but OpenStack/Nova has ipv6 support baked in.
>
> By that, do you mean you can run OpenStack/Nova in an IPv4-free
> environment? What about the instances?

I admit I haven't tested it locally... But the code to hand out IPv6
addresses to instances is definitely there[1]. If you have further
questions, I can connect you with people that know that better than I do

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~ntt-pf-lab/nova/ipv6-support/+merge/46220

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Ubuntu core developer