Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 AM
"Fabrizio Balliano"

Default likewise-open in universe?

Hi to all,
I'm following the active-directory-integration, reading the
ubuntu-server meeting log:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20080130
I saw that likewise-open 4.0.4 should be uploaded in universe for
hardy but I can't find it anywhere, was upload completed?

is there a way to download the packae? on likewise website the only
release is 4.0.0 which (reading the meeting log) seems not to be the
latest.

Thank you all.
Cheers

--
Fabrizio Balliano

CREALABS SNC
Via G. F. Medail, 32 - 10144 Torino - Italy
Tel. (+39) 011.094.41.10 - Fax (+39) 178.227.63.81
http://www.crealabs.it - fabrizio.balliano@crealabs.it

Old 02-06-2008, 02:21 PM
"Fabrizio Balliano"

> I saw that likewise-open 4.0.4 should be uploaded in universe for
> hardy but I can't find it anywhere, was upload completed?

today
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/hardy/universe/binary-i386/Packages.gz
still have no reference to likewise... any news about that?

Old 02-07-2008, 08:13 AM
"Fabrizio Balliano"

> i don't want to pressure the dev team, but I have an empty win2k3 domain
> running at home that is available for testing this product

I'm starting a linux-switch project for a big company (it means it
could take hundreds of workstations) and I really need AD integration
working with hardy.

I don't want to seem polemica but but I sadly have to say that if
hardy won't have this integration I'll have to deploy all the
workstation with opensuse which does the job quite well since some
releases. I also won't be able to use uck (i'm one on the developers),
that would benefit a lot from this project cause I probably to develop
more uck modules (that will be released in next uck releases) to
complete the deployment.

my best regards to all the team

--
Fabrizio Balliano
CreaLabs (Ubuntu affiliate)

Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Mathias Gug

Hi Fabrizio,

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 10:13:10AM +0100, Fabrizio Balliano wrote:
> > i don't want to pressure the dev team, but I have an empty win2k3 domain
> > running at home that is available for testing this product
>
> I'm starting a linux-switch project for a big company (it means it
> could take hundreds of workstations) and I really need AD integration
> working with hardy.

You can find a version of likewise-open in Rick's PPA [1]. Although it's
not the official version uploaded to universe, it should be installable
for testing purposes. The package is currently being reviewed and should
be uploaded to universe before FeatureFreeze.

[1]: https://launchpad.net/~dendrobates/+archive

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com