-   -   UEC FAQ page (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/414455-uec-faq-page.html)

Ahmed Kamal 08-17-2010 09:28 PM

UEC FAQ page

On 08/17/2010 07:13 PM, Eric Hammond wrote:
> On 08/17/2010 09:04 AM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
>
>> I've added a UEC FAQ page at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/FAQ
>>
> Sorry to be so picky, but is it intended to be a UEC FAQ or an EC2 FAQ
> or a "cloud" FAQ? (heh, I still can't stop putting quotes around "cloud".)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for noting this. This FAQ page is most definitely a generic cloud
FAQ page. I was mistaken to call it UEC FAQ. I have restructured the
page now into 3 main sections (General, UEC, and EC2). Kindly add any
EC2 FAQ questions you can think of to the EC2 section of the page.

Regards

Mathias Gug 08-18-2010 05:26 PM

UEC FAQ page

Hi,

Excerpts from Ahmed Kamal's message of Tue Aug 17 17:28:38 -0400 2010:
> On 08/17/2010 07:13 PM, Eric Hammond wrote:
> > On 08/17/2010 09:04 AM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> >
> >> I've added a UEC FAQ page at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/FAQ
> >>
> > Sorry to be so picky, but is it intended to be a UEC FAQ or an EC2 FAQ
> > or a "cloud" FAQ? (heh, I still can't stop putting quotes around "cloud".)
> >

> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for noting this. This FAQ page is most definitely a generic cloud
> FAQ page. I was mistaken to call it UEC FAQ. I have restructured the
> page now into 3 main sections (General, UEC, and EC2). Kindly add any
> EC2 FAQ questions you can think of to the EC2 section of the page.

Why not call the "General" section "cloud"? How about renaming the page
from UEC to cloud instead? The idea could be to have Cloud encompass
both UEC and EC2.

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com

Ahmed Kamal 08-19-2010 04:31 PM

UEC FAQ page

On 08/18/2010 07:26 PM, Mathias Gug wrote:
> Why not call the "General" section "cloud"? How about renaming the page
> from UEC to cloud instead? The idea could be to have Cloud encompass
> both UEC and EC2.

That makes sense. I plan to move that page from UEC to a Cloud
name-space. I will also be renaming the General section into a cloud
one. If anyone objects please let me know

On the other hand, there must be some frequently asked questions, so
please add whatever you can think of to that page.